Hartford Income Protection
A beneficial plan for protection after sick bank/leave and short-term disability
Why do I need Supplemental Plans?
If you are a teacher enrolled in your respective Union's Sick Leave Bank/Sick Leave Exchange Program, there are gaps in Sick Bank coverage that could prevent you from receiving the money you need when you are unable to work. The gaps in Sick Bank coverage include:
The Long-Term Disability plan helps protect your paycheck for up to 2 years or age 67 after a serious accident or illness. It also offers professional help for disability-related challenges from legal specialists, plus financial and therapeutic counselors. Back pain, heart disease and other illnesses are some reasons for long-term absences, and can happen to anyone.
- Tax-free protection up to $4,000 per month, up to 66.6% of your annual salary
- Can pay up to two years (basic), or age 67 (premium)
Similar to Long Term Disability, the Short Term Disability plan provides you with a percentage of your paycheck if you become disabled. The Short Term Disability plan helps protect your income in the event of a disabling illness or injury such as a heart attack, pregnancy, or back injury. Coverage can last up to 3 months or 6 months.
- Pays on top of Sick Days/Bank and Summer
- Can cover Maternity and other preexisting health conditions
- Average payments of $4,000 - $7,000 or more with complications
- Can enroll if you're already pregnant!
Life and AD&D
Life Insurance together with Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, helps keep you and your family covered in case an untimely death or accident destroys your income-earning ability. Life benefits are disbursed to your beneficiaries in the event of your death to help pay for things like burial expenses, debts, and future expenses.
- Employee Benefits up to $500,000 and a $100,000 guaranteed issue amount
- Spouse Benefits up to $250,000 and a $25,000 guaranteed issue amount
- Benefits up to $250,000 for you and your family
"As a company in business for more than 200 years, we understand what it means to be
sustainable. We have helped people and businesses prepare for the unexpected, protect what is uniquely important to them, and prevail through life’s challenges and opportunities. We do this by delivering industry leading property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds to our customers, creating a diverse and inclusive culture for our employees, financial performance for our shareholders, and by engaging with and serving the communities in which we work and live."